10 Daily Habits That Will Change Your Life
“But I don’t want to change my life”, you say. In no way am I going to assume that you want to/need to, nor am I implying I was “unhappy” before I applied these habits to my life. However, creating healthy habits will always create a more positive MINDSET. A positive mindset will help you stay organized, focused and most importantly, mentally healthy. I’ve adopted these habits over the past year and I can’t tell you what a difference it’s made in my life! People always ask me how I handle it all: mom, wife, influencer, business owner - its these habits that help me stay sane & balanced. These habits will make you a better wife, daughter, mother, boss, sister, person! Nobody is perfect; but doesn’t mean we can’t try. Who are we doing it for anyway? Ourselves.
1. Go to Bed Early: I know this seems like a basic one but its going to make a huge difference in your overall health, life & mental well-being. I used to stay up until 1-2am working late because my daughter would be asleep and I had time to focus. After time, I learned that I would wake up drained and was not able to give my 100%. I started sleeping earlier and in turn, waking up earlier fresh and energized to take on the day.
2. Don't Scroll Through Social Media: I can't stress this enough. And I don't mean don't scroll ever, I mean in the mornings when you wake up or before you sleep at night; you need to wake up and end your day in a healthy way. Scrolling on social media is just not stimulating or productive. Wake up, have your coffee, wash up, do what you like to do to get your day started and then scroll.
3. Plan Your Next Days Responsibilities: Each night, before you sleep, make a list of your next days responsibilities and prioritize them. I usually put it I'm the notes section of my phone and delete per line as the task is complete. If there are items you don't get to that day, you are left with your least important items and they can be moved on to the next days list.
4. Stick to Your Self-Care Routine: First and foremost, create a self-care routine if you don't have one already (I'll be posting mine soon), it's really important for your emotional, physical and mental health. Self-care can mean many things to many individuals, it can be something as simple as taking vitamins and drinking plenty water, to working out, to meditating. Figure out what it is that makes you feel good/relaxes you on the daily and stick to it. Your mind and body will thank you.
5. Read Books: I know I sound like a broken record with this one but I swear by it. Find books that inspire you (personally, business, educational) and read a chapter or at least a few pages every night before you sleep. Let it be the last thing you do before you sleep so you can have positive thoughts before you close your day and wake up motivated.
6. Affirmations/Gratitude: This was something I only recently started doing and I cannot even express what a difference in my life. Physically write out all your goals and wants in your phone or in a journal every night. However, the key is, to write these things as if you already have them and as though you are already there! "I am so grateful to have one of the most successful cosmetic companies in the world."
7. Wake Up Early: Habit number 1 will make this habit a lot easier! Once you kick up a routine for waking up early, it will become a norm. Depending on what time you normally wake up, try to set your alarm an hour earlier than that. I know how dreadful this sounds; but I promise you, the amount of stuff you can get done before the day even gets started will set the tone for your day!
8. Declutter Regularly: I feel like I am ALWAYS decluttering. Maybe its because I am buying too much (added to my new years resolution haha) and I am constantly overwhelming my space. When my atmosphere is cluttered I feel like my life is unorganized. In order to keep my "life" organized, I feel it is really important to be decluttering regularly in order to have a focused mindset. Do one drawer, one pantry, one space at a time.
9. Eat Breakfast: This can fit into #7! Breakfast doesn't have to mean a Continental spread! Boil an egg and smash it with some avocado on toast, have a bagel, make a juice! I like to make quick breakfasts during the week as I usually don't have time to sit around and take my time unfortunately. But it is true, Breakfast is the healthiest meal of the day and it gets your brain working and sets you for your day!
10. Listen to Podcasts: I hardly ever listen to the radio/music in the car anymore (unless its Frozen, Elmo or Paw Patrol thanks to Kat). I religiously listen to podcasts such as Oprah, Joe Rogan, Tony Robbins, etc. Podcasts will be your daily dose of inspiration. It can be something you listen to in the mornings on the way to work or a podcast you can sleep to. It's all about daily reminders!